Wednesday, March 17, 2010

What's with Idol this year?


I have been an American Idol fan for a long time, and I have never watched a season as boring as this one. There are no contestants that really stand out to me, and I honestly wouldn't care if any of them won. There are a few that have good voices and are good performers, but they are nothing compared to some of the past contestants.

I think maybe the main reason that I don't like Idol this year is because I thought last year was so great. With people like Adam Lambert and Kris Allen it was hard to choose who should win. I think that this year will end up being an obvious choice, because the only person that appears capable of being the winner is Siobhan Magnus. I hope for the sake of the show that some of the other contestants step it up and giver her some competition.

There is one other thing that makes me yawn when watching Idol: Ellen Degeneres. I am a big fan of Ellen. I think she is absolutely hilarious, but she doesn't have what it takes to be on Idol. I have a hard time listening to her criticism, because I really don't see how she has the credentials to give advice about singing. I really don't see how Idol has much of a future next season when Simon leaves. He is the main reason I watch the show. Hopefully they can find someone just as harsh and entertaining as he is to fill his spot. Here's hoping that Idol can get it together and avoid going off into the sunset.

1 comment:

  1. I agree that Idol isn't what it used to be. Ellen needs to leave because she says the same thing every time. I think this is the last year for idol.

    ReplyDelete