Friday, February 5, 2010

Oh, Canada!

I know that most people don't care about the Olympics at all, and the winter games are much less popular than the summer games, but I am a huge fan. I have been waiting for the upcoming games since the end of the Beijing Olympics. There is one thing that makes me more excited than ever to watch the Vancouver Olympics: I love Canada. Vancouver is one of the coolest cities in North America, and the mix of cool seaside weather and wintry mountain climate miles outside the city is sure to make visitors happy.
I think that the biggest thing Canada has going for it in terms of making a great impression on the world is that no one is friendlier than a Canadian. I truly believe this to be true. Have you ever met a mean Canadian? I haven't, but then again I don't come into contact with many of them in Nebraska. The Canadian government has done a great job of creating a warm and welcoming environment for the visiting Olympians and fans, which is sure to make the games much more enjoyable than the 2008 Olympics in Beijing. I was a little upset about the mascots that have been chosen for the games. I simply don't understand how Terrance and Phillip could be passed up for a Sasquatch.

1 comment:

  1. Blame it on Canada! Did you see that Vancouver doesn't have enough snow for some events?

    ReplyDelete