Thursday, February 4, 2010

Get Over It


There has been a lot of talk in the past year or so about the Nebraska State Fair moving from Lincoln to Grand Island. I was for the move the second I heard about it, because my family lives in Grand Island, and it is nice to have something outside of Lincoln or Omaha for a change. I have followed the progress of the move over the past few months, and have driven by Fonner Park in Grand Island to look at the new buildings. The main structures for the fair are already partially completed, and yet there are still people challenging the move in court. I fail to see how the fair could be moved back to Lincoln now, even if the courts overturned the law that caused the move. After investing over $40 million in new facilities and selling off most of the equipment at State Fair Park in Lincoln, it would be complete chaos if the fair was taken away from Grand Island. I think that the handful of citizens from Lincoln that feel compelled to fight for a fair that has already left them in the dust should give up and let the courts focus on something serious.

No comments:

Post a Comment