Monday, February 15, 2010

The Olympics help me cope


I am someone that hates winter, so at this time every year I start to get really tired of the crappy Nebraska weather. If you had asked me this time last week I would have told you that I was completely sick of winter, but something has changed since then that is helping me cope: The Olympics. It never fails that once every four years I enjoy winter for about two weeks. Watching all of the winter sports makes me appreciate all that winter has to offer, even though many of those sports can't be enjoyed in Nebraska due to our general lack of anything interesting.

While the Olympics are helping me deal with the mid-winter blues, they are taking a toll on my productivity. I have absolutely no desire to do anything else but watch television. I wish I could call in sick to work and school for two weeks so I could sit on the couch and watch the games. Who am I kidding . . . I wish I could avoid work and school to watch TV all the time.

1 comment: