Friday, February 19, 2010

Sinner

I decided that this year for Lent I would give up Lent. I know that this doesn't really count, but it makes me feel better than saying I simply don't care. At least this way I can still say that I actually gave up something. I have never been good at remembering to not eat meat on Fridays, and I usually end up making it a few weeks before breaking my Lenten promise anyway. I guess I fail to see how giving something up and not eating meat on Fridays makes me a better person. I actually think it makes me a worse person. I usually end up getting cranky and being an even more mean spirited person than usual. I decided to do us all a favor this year and skip all of it. I may be going to hell for doing it, but I am pretty sure that there are other people doing things worse than eating a hamburger on a Friday.

1 comment:

  1. I think you have a great idea! I didn't even know what Lent was until I came to Nebraska for high school and they introduced me to fish-stick Fridays - yuck!

    ReplyDelete