Saturday, April 24, 2010

I love this weather!

I know that many people like having sunny, warm weather all the time, but I have really been enjoying the weather that Nebraska has been experiencing lately. I love sunny weather, but I also really like rain and thunderstorms. I like having rain, sun, and thunderstorms all in the same day. This creates a variety that is characteristic of Nebraska weather. I am not a fan of this variety during the winter, when we can be teased with above freezing temperatures one minute, and then have a blizzard with below-zero temperatures. I have also been enjoying the weather lately because I can wear winter and spring clothes at the same time. I am not someone that likes wearing heavy coats, so its nice to be able to wear a jacket instead of something heavier.

This spring has also been much more enjoyable for me because it has had above average precipitation. I have really bad allergies, and usually spend the month of April sneezing and rubbing my eyes. This has not been the case this spring. I have been able to spend time outside without spending the next four days laying around with hay fever. The next time you think about complaining about the weather we are having this spring, think about the allergy sufferers that are receiving a well deserved break from seasonal allergy symptoms. This break has also helped my bank account, as I don't have to spend as much money on allergy medication.

No comments:

Post a Comment