Tuesday, April 13, 2010

The Power of Positivity

There is something to be said about people who are constantly positive. I have never been one of these people, but I have noticed that they seem to be happier in general. This makes a lot of sense if you think about it, because they don't let the little things in life get them down. I have always been someone that claims to be positive until something difficult comes along, and then I think its better to complain about it than try to solve it.

My current situation is one that shows me how much a positive attitude could really do for me. I have a lot of stuff left to complete before the end of the semester, which I constantly think and complain about. What I should really do is have a good attitude and try to get it all done and think about how soon I will be free for a few months. It just seems much easier to complain and put the work off as long as possible.

I hate looking on Facebook and seeing that one person that updates their status about getting all of their homework done for the rest of the semester. Am I the only one that wants to punch them in the face? Maybe you are really on top of things, but don't rub it in my face. Being prepared doesn't make you any better than me . . . Ok, maybe it does, but you don't have to be all smug about it.

I prefer to use my Facebook status for talking about how stressed I am, or how much work I still have to do before class the next day. Just let me have my pity party in peace without having to see you brag about being on top of things.

I just went off on a rant about how much I hate people that do this, but what I should really be doing is attempting to be more like them. If I was positive about things and focused on getting the job done, I would already be bragging on Facebook and waiting for the semester to end peacefully. I don't know if there is hope for me becoming a more positive person, but I think the area of homework is a good place for me to start.

1 comment:

  1. haha maybe I should start being more positive about school...it's just so hard though when everything is due right now right before the end of the semester!

    ReplyDelete